The good old debate…Squatting toilet Vs Sitting.
Here’s the low-down why having a squat when it’s time for your morning routine comes along and why squatting is better for you then traditional toilet sitting is.
Note: If you have landed on this page and you are JUST looking for information about the squatty potty then make sure you check out our full review here.
Is it better to squat or sit on the toilet?
- It has scientifically been proven that elevating your feet when going to the toilet for poo’s is healthier.
- The modern-day toilet is convenient, but has one major fault; it requires us to sit. While sitting to take a dump may be considered “civilized”, studies show that the natural squat position improves your flow and ability to eliminate all that is inside.
Are squat toilets more hygienic?
- Squat toilets are used in a lot of public toilets, rather than standard household toilets. The reasoning is they are perceived by some as a lot easier to clean and more hygienic, therefore more appropriate for general public use
Why is it better to squat when you poop?
- When using a normal toilet and sitting, there is this thing called anorectal angle. When we sit this creates an angle, the anorectal angle causing a kink in the line which puts upward pressure on the rectum and keeps your poop inside.
- Not only does this create you straining and constipation, but it also reduces complete elimination – which means that you can literally have old feces just hanging around in your lower digestive tract which can lead to other things like Colon disease.
What’s a squatty potty?
- The Squatty Potty is a specifically designed stool that when you sit and do your business you place your feet on the slightly angled stool which helps straighten your insides to eliminate the restriction.
- It can be used by the entire family. The Squatty Potty helps you to empty out faster and more complete by putting your body into a natural squatting position over your own toilet. Using the squatty potty when doing poo’s will reduce straining and decreases the pressure in the veins.
Does the squatty potty really help?
- The puborectalis muscle creates a natural kink to help you maintain self-control down below. When using the Squatty Potty it helps to relax this muscle for fast, easy emptying.
- Research has shown that sitting on the toilet is not as beneficial or effective as is squatting. The Squatty Potty actually scores pretty high on the plausibility scale.
Does squatting help hemorrhoids?
- Squatting or being as close to squatting as possible can end hemorrhoids, prevent colon disease, improve pelvic floor issues, and offer numerous other benefits. The squatty potty is the best thing to get you as close as possible to a squat while sitting on the loo.
What is the best position to sit on the toilet when constipated?
- Squatty Potty toilet stools give you a healthier sitting posture to help relieve and prevent constipation in the following ways: When you are in the squatting position, gravity does most of the work and everything is all aligned. Squatting relaxes the puborectalis muscle, allowing the anorectal angle to straighten and the bowel to empty completely.
Is it better to squat or sit?
- When you’re just starting to squat slowly start to replace your sitting time with squatting time. If you’re having trouble holding a squat for more than a few minutes then this is where the squatty potty will save you. Just sit, place your feet on the stool and instantly your squatting.
SQUATTY POTTY IS THE SIMPLE SOLUTION
All these problems and more can be helped with the use of the Squatty Potty. This innovative, health-giving toilet stool is easy to use and highly effective in positioning the colon for effortless bowel movements.
If you have trouble doing number 2’s or want a healthier, better way to poop, then the Squatty Potty The Original Bathroom Toilet Stool, is for you.
We’ve put together this list of the best bidet toilet seats to help you out deciding which one is best suited for you.
Bidets is a more hygienic way to go to the toilet and will also save you a ton of money over the years.
Over 3000 5 star positive reviews is what helped me to decide on the decision.
If you are still with us, and still not sure you can check out my full review of the squatty potty benefits and tell you what to expect.